Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Rule of law

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:45:14 -0500

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:32:03 +1100
From: Nathan Cochrane <ncochrane () theage fairfax com au>

Dave

Although I don't usually put much stock in opinion polls of any kind, not even elections after the last Presidential race, the following Yahoo! poll disturbed me.

Poll: If Osama bin Laden is located, should he be?
Tried in court:
  30%   75879 votes
Assassinated:
  70%   174191 votes
  250075  votes total.

This attitude would seem to be consistent with much of the rhetoric coming out of the US through its media. If an accurate reflection of the views of Americans, it appears faith in the rule of law has sunk to the level of banditry in "the world's greatest democracy".

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and permanently delete the document.

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/