Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Bin Laden: Yes, I did it (London Telegraph 11/11/01)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:41:13 -0500

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:46:25 -0800
From: Ari Ollikainen <Ari () OLTECO com>
Subject: Bin Laden: Yes, I did it (London Telegraph 11/11/01)
To: farber () cis upenn edu

Bin Laden: Yes, I did it
By David Bamber
(Filed: 11/11/2001)
http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/11/11 /wbin11.xml

OSAMA BIN LADEN has for the first time admitted that his al-Qa'eda
group carried out the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the
Pentagon, the Telegraph can reveal.

Osama bin Laden with journalist Hamid Mir during the interview for a
Pakistani newspaper

In a previously undisclosed video which has been circulating for 14
days among his supporters, he confesses that "history should be a
witness that we are terrorists. Yes, we kill their innocents".

In the footage, shot in the Afghan mountains at the end of October, a
smiling bin Laden goes on to say that the World Trade Centre's twin
towers were a "legitimate target" and the pilots who hijacked the
planes were "blessed by Allah".

The killing of at least 4,537 people was justified, he claims,
because they were "not civilians" but were working for the American
system.

Bin Laden also makes a direct personal threat against Tony Blair, the
Prime Minister, for the first time, and warns nations such as
Australia, Germany and Japan to stay out of the conflict.

The video will form the centrepiece of Britain and America's new
evidence against bin Laden, to be released this Wednesday.
<snip>

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/