Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re:ICANN to levie fees, for reduced influence.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:10:46 -0500

To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: "Robert M. McClure" <rmm () unidot com>

I hope we can get the quote right in the future:
What Charles E. Wilson actually said in 1953 at his confirmation
hearing for Secretary of Defense, when asked whether he thought
that there was a conflict of interest between the position of Secretary
of Defense and General Motors was actually,
"No, ...because for years I thought what was good for the country was good for
General Motors and vice versa."

The "vice versa" was what got him in trouble.

Bob

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/