Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Alcatel appears to be going into ostrich mode on their DSL modem security

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:02:54 -0400

Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:55:26 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Tom Goltz <tgoltz () QuietSoftware com>

From Bruce Schneier's Crypto-Gram newsletter:

Normally, I wouldn't even bother with this story.  But Alcatel posted a
MS Word file on their Web site about the problem and fix (which they've
since removed).  Unfortunately, the file saved deleted changes.  The
draft document is far more interesting than the real one.  See some of
the deleted comments here:
http://morons.org/articles/1/188

With attitudes like these from Alcatel, if I had the misfortune to be
using one of their modems, I'd be calling my ISP up and demanding a
different modem.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/