Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Douglas Adams, Author of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," Dies at 49

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:54:07 -0400

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:41:12 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic () well com>
Subject: Re: IP: Douglas Adams, Author of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the
 Galaxy,"   Dies at 49

I interviewed him for my college newspaper back in 1982. He was perfectly
pleasant and entertaining as we sat drinking tequila sunrises in the bar
in Austin's Driskill Hotel. He had a tendency to start sentences
and not finish them before beginning a wholly new sentence fuelled by a
different thought. (It was very hard to transcribe his remarks for this
reason.)

I was thinking of Adams just yesterday as I was reading Michael Chabon's
THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF KAVALIER AND CLAY. There's a point at which
Kavalier and his mentor think they have found the golem of Prague, secreted
in an apartment building in apartment number ... 42.

--
"I speak the password primeval .... I give the sign of democracy ...."
           --Walt Whitman

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/