Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: VERY INTERESTING READING -- IPO Antics/Red Herring 100

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 16:45:52 -0400

[ Be you a friend or not it is very interesting reading -- djf]
"Dear Friend of Red Herring,

On Wednesday, May 2, we began a seven-part series scrutinizing the IPO
allocation process from late 1998 through the summer of 2000, when Wall
Street spun out of control, to the messy cleanup process now under way.

In unveiling the potentially illegal shenanigans behind IPO allocations
during the Internet bubble, we investigated tie-ins, the fine line between
commissions and bribes, and flipping IPOs. We also went inside the bubble,
profiling one company's roller coaster IPO. Its CEO reveals the downside of
raising $56 million: spooked customers, demoralized employees, and calls
from irate investors. 382231.jpg
"IPO Antics" is the result of a six-week investigation conducted by Red
Herring's own: Eric Moskowitz, Michael Copeland, Stephen Lacey, Stephen
Lucey, Chris Locke, Tom Davey and Dan Briody.

We believe that this is Red Herring reporting at its best. Analytical,
skeptical, thorough, original, with an unparalleled access to insiders.
Come to Redherring.com to follow the story in depth."

http://www.redherring.com/index.asp?layout=special_report_gen&channel=70000007&doc_id=310019231&rh_special_report_id=n