Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Maybe we need a corporate death penalty: FYI, two recent columns:

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:45:39 -0400

From: "Gillmor, Dan" <DGillmor () sjmercury com>
To: "'farber () cis upenn edu'" <farber () cis upenn edu>

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/opinion/dgillmor/dg052301.htm

Maybe we need a corporate death penalty

It's worth asking that question in the wake of the stunning news Tuesday
that Avant!, its chief executive, Gerald Hsu, and six current or former
executives had copped to criminal behavior. The bottom line was simple.
These guys had created a computer-aided design company with software code
they stole from the company several had recently left, Cadence

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/opinion/dgillmor/dg052501.htm

To understand what Moore's Law really means, think smaller, faster and
cheaper. And because of that, think everywhere.

To understand what Moore's Law really means, think smaller, faster and
cheaper. And because of that, think everywhere.
In the late 1970s, Gordon Moore walked around his Los Altos Hills home,
looking at various objects. How many, he wondered, would benefit from
having microprocessors added to them?
About 85, concluded the co-founder of Intel, who retired Thursday from the
board of directors of the chip-making giant. When he repeated this
home-computing exercise a few years later, he found lots of others,
including devices that hadn't been invented the first time.
``It went further than I ever could have imagined,'' he said during an
interview at Intel headquarters in Santa Clara, near the end of a long day
that included his last meeting as a board member, a news conference and a
slew of interviews.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/