Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Cyber Law Journal: Cool Sites for 2001: Technology Headlines from NYTimes.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:00:52 -0400

<http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/25/technology/25CYBERLAW.html>Cyber Law
Journal: Cool Sites for 2001

By CARL KAPLAN

Every year about this time I like to reveal secrets of the cyberlaw guild
by writing about some of the free legal Web sites that help or inspire me
the most.

A snip

If you relish courtroom humor, as I do, you'll enjoy a visit to the Web
site of Lloyd Duhaime, a Canadian barrister, solicitor, historian and
hockey fan based in Victoria, British Columbia. Duhaime's site contains
many entertaining legal alleyways, including one devoted to tasteful lawyer
jokes and another, called the "Hall of Horrors," that examines the law's
lamentable record of punishment through the ages.
The best reading corner is his collection of the "Dumbest Things Ever Said
in Court." Spoken by real-life lawyers and witnesses and taken from
official court records, all of the interrogations beg to be printed. But
I'll just give you two of them, as a lagniappe.

Q. What happened then?
A. He told me, he says, "I'll have to kill you because you can identify me."
Q. Did he kill you?

And:

Q. All your responses must be oral, ok? What school did you go to?
A. Oral.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/25/technology/25CYBERLAW.html

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/