Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Sun Microsystems chairman "famed in Silicon Valley for being outspoken Good Morning Silicon Valley Thu Mar 22 12:00:23 EST 2001

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:43:43 -0500

Sun Microsystems chairman "famed in Silicon Valley for being outspoken":
While Sun Microsystems' rollout of its new UltraSparc III-based servers on
Wednesday was the subject of much commentary, it was
<http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svfront/078686.htm>Sun Chairman
Scott McNealy's assessment of the downward spiral of technology issues
that really inspired bemused discussion. "People are feeling really
wounded because they bought stocks at 100 times revenues, and they can't
understand why their life's savings is gone," McNealy told Reuters.
"People, get a grip! Look at what you did! 'Hey, that truck hit me!' Well,
you play in the freeway, you are going to get hit by a truck... We didn't
predict the wild and crazy up and we didn't predict the wild and crazy
down. And we're not alone. When things get back to normal, I'll be dead."

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svfront/078686.htm

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/