Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: More on IT scooter, not hydrogen powered, and IT lobbying

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:25:39 -0800

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:18:21 -0500
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

[My contribution to the IT mystery is a conversation I had recently
with a gentleman who works in Washington, DC. He was approached last
fall to be a lobbyist for the mysterious IT Co. and had an interview
in an area hotel. He told me he declined -- and is now kicking himself
-- because he was not told enough about the company and because it
would have required a relocation to New England. The fellow is
currently a transportation lobbyist and was told that IT was a device
that might need federal regulatory approval. The company was also
anticipating opening offices, I recall, in Brussels and Tokyo as
well. --Declan]