Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: RE: WSJ says dot-com crash will be FAR worse

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:58:43 -0500

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:03:03 -0800
From: <truth101 () uswest net>

prof farber -
i have the highest respect for you and i have enjoyed many benefits from
receiving the IP mailing for the past 5 years.

i was dismayed at your re-posting of a sf real-estate story under the guise of
an industry obituary.

as a former top exec in an "IT professional services firm", i helped open
an sf
office for our expanding company in 1999.  the rapacious realtors played the
start-ups like a violin, extracting unconscionable sums for shabby spaces.

well, the laws of karma (or newton's if you prefer) are not revokable. we are
seeing the inevitable reaction throughout the economy.

however, the woes of the bay area real estate barons crying about the gravy
train comming to an end should not - IMHO - not be presented as the death
knell
for the new economy.

it is sensationalistic and ahistorical.

thank you for considering my opinion and thank you for the many riches of IP
which far outweigh the minor and infrequent flaws.

~bob treuber
truth101 () qwest net
bob () rainagency com

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/