Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: N.Y. cell phone ban no solution to driver stupidity:: Good Morning Silicon Valley Tue Jun 26 12:00:26 EDT 2001

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:06:32 -0400

To: farber () cis upenn edu, ip-sub-1 () majordomo pobox com
Subject: Re: IP: N.Y. cell phone ban no solution to driver stupidity::
  Good Morning Silicon Valley Tue Jun 26 12:00:26 EDT 2001

Amusingly, Rush Limbaugh has made this potential-law the centerpiece of
his show the last 2 days straight.

The best actual quote is the guy from the AAA who doesnt like the law
because it makes people think that hands-free phones are "safe" to use,
when "the real problem is the conversation".  If he stopped there he
would've been ok, however he went on to say that we really should ban
conversation in the car.  (I dont have the quote handy, but Limbaugh has
played it oh, maybe 30 times in the last couple days.  *Bad* PR move for
the AAA).

I figured you don't often listen to "The Program" so i'd let you know...
:-)   I never listen to anything else in the morning while driving to work
in my Hummer.  It seems somehow appropriate.
  -jcp-

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/