Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Iran Takes Tough Measures to Stop Internet Use

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:13:43 -0400

Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:39:53 -0400
From: shap () cs jhu edu

To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Re: IP: Iran Takes Tough Measures to Stop Internet Use

Iran Takes Tough Measures to Stop Internet Use

Usually, I think it's a shame thatwe cannot globally regulate oxygen
use by stupid regulators.

In this case, oddly enough, I applaud Iran's attempt. There is no means
I know more certain of civil revolution than to deprive a population of
a life-altering liberty *after* the first taste.

Now, how can we ship over some "tree of liberty" seeds? I'm thinking
maybe we can culture a liberty virus that will grow in sweet potatos...

Jonathan

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/