Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: CISCO STRATEGIST NOT OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE SHORT TERM

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:05:35 -0400

from  "Dewayne-Net Technology List" <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>

CISCO STRATEGIST NOT OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE SHORT TERM

Posted at July 25, 2001 01:56 PM Pacific

IT IS NOT enough to make great routers -- gear has to
be able to provide a revenue stream for a buyer, and
fast, said Cisco Systems' strategist in a Webcast
discussion about high-end routing Wednesday.

The economy has taken its toll on Cisco, said Mike
Volpi, Cisco's chief strategy officer. "I used to be
doing a hundred things, and now I can't do that
anymore," buyers of routing technology say, according
to Volpi. Businesses are focusing on single ideas and
single strategies, and Cisco's high-end routers will
have to accommodate those needs.

For the full story:
<http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/07/25/010725hnciscogrowth.xml?0726tham>

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/