Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: New results on WEP (fwd)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:59:09 -0400

To: cryptography () wasabisystems com
Subject: New results on WEP (fwd)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:13:29 -0400
From: Matt Blaze <mab () research att com>
Sender: owner-cryptography () wasabisystems com

Adi Shamir and his colleagues have some interesting
new results on RC4 with a practical attack against WEP.
With Adi's permission, I've made available a (PostScript)
copy of a draft of his paper at:
  http://www.crypto.com/papers/others/rc4_ksaproc.ps

(Fortunately, as far as I know WEP isn't used for copy protection,
so it's still legal to disseminate and traffic in this kind
of information...)

- -matt