Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Dan's column this morning is very interesting to people

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:44:47 -0500

This and more like it raise thew real issue of whether one can trust
the  instincts of  business world in the areas of personal privacy or, as I
believe, we will need tripwires that cause government intervention clearly
articulated and acted upon (note I do NOT say regulation). As I have said
before in IP notes, my time in DC convinced me that conventional regulation
must be replaced by a mechanism that is more timely to a rapidly changing
technology and business.

Dave