Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Code Red rises again?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 16:38:45 -0400

Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
To: farber () vortex com
Subject: Code Red rises again?
Cc: lauren () pfir org, neumann () pfir org

Dave,

After a relatively minor reappearance of Code Red at the beginning of the
month, settling way down by yesterday evening, it appears there may have
been a significant increase overnight -- I'm this morning locally seeing
multiple attempts per minute on all servers.  Also, the exact format of the
attempts appear to have mutated, which may relate to the increase.

At this point on Saturday morning, I have no info about what may be
happening at other sites, but I hope that people are actively riding
herd on their servers this weekend.

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren () pfir org or lauren () vortex com or lauren () privacyforum org
Co-Founder, PFIR: People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Moderator, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
"Reality Reset" Columns - http://www.vortex.com/reality

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/