Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: An excellent article on the future of publishing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:15:52 -0400

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 02:29:47 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: David Chessler <chessler () usa net>

The third segment of this article (copy3.htm) has extensive discussion
(from 1998) of WIPO, the Berne convention, and what became DMCA

If you can't find the article at the URL, I have it on disk as a ZIP file.

(It's a good article for other reasons, with some interesting history (in
parts 2 and 3) of the early days of copyright in England and France. (and
the US)

* Original: FROM..... Carol Schmidt (on Dorothy-L)
* Subject: Not specifically on mysteries, but an excellent article on the
future of publishing

Please forgive me for posting something not specifically
related to mysteries, but this is an excellent article from
The Atlantic that does apply to all writers (and readers) and
to any of us concerned about copyrights and the future of
publishing. It's long and packed with ideas, so save it until
you can savor it.
Carol Schmidt

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98sep/copy.htm

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/