Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Internet FAX standards put on hold...fyi

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:19:36 -0400

One wonders just how solid the  TIFF patent is.As I pointed out a while ago
, the patent on GIF was most likely invalid due to prior efforts done at
Bell Labs (by me and others). I wonder if TIFF has the same problem. Can
someone point me to a simple definition doc.

Dave

ADOBE, XEROX TIFF SLOWS INTERNET FAX STANDARD

The Internet Engineering Task Force has slammed the brakes on its plans to
develop a common way of sending faxes over the Internet, due to last-minute
licensing problems between rivals Adobe Systems and Xerox.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/08/13/adobe.xerox.tiff.idg/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/08/13/adobe.xerox.tiff.idg/index.html

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/