Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: another view on : NAS DNS Committee meeting

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:09:09 -0400

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin () law miami edu>
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: NAS Committee meeting

I too attended the NAS committee meeting, and my take is somewhat
different from Ronda Hauben's.  You can see it up at
http://www.icannwatch.org (article number 120).

What Really Happened at the NAS Committee's First Meeting?

Telopolis, that marvelous German magazin der netzkultur with
English-language articles for the linguistically challenged, publishes a
report from Ronda Hauben on the first meeting of the National Academy of
Science (NAS) Committee on Internet Searching and the Domain Name System.
Having been present as an invited speaker (you can see slides of my
12-minute talk), I think there are some problems with some parts of Ms.
Hauben's account, and with her general spin of the event, although some of
her account is right on the money.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/