Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: An (ex)hacker's experience being pursued by the Feds

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:49:40 -0400

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:42:33 -0500
To: politech () politechbot com
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

[To clarify my last post (http://www.politechbot.com/p-01921.html): In the
Jim Bell trial, Judge Tanner first sealed *everything* until the trial was
over, and also barred anyone from publishing the jury list until the trial
was over. After the verdict was in and the jury dismissed, the DOJ asked
for a partial seal of exhibits and transcripts in perpetuity, and Tanner
said he didn't have the authority. --Declan]

*********