Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: \Oh well, that's different. Never mind.

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:26:33 -0500

From: "Kevin G. Barkes" <kgb () kgb com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Oh well, that's different. Never mind.
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:16:30 -0500

 >From Wired:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,35020,00.html?tw=wn20000318

Tech spies: Say what you will about James Woolsey, but he certainly knows
how to get people talking.

The former CIA director, now a Washington lawyer, wrote a snarly opinion
piece for Friday's Wall Street Journal in which he told Europeans to get
over it already: The United States doesn't spy on them to grab promising new
technologies.

"Most European technology just isn't worth our stealing," Woolsey wrote. He
said the only reason something like an Echelon surveillance system might
exist is to reveal bribes and other illicit actions.

Woosley's op-ed comes a week after he fessed up to reporters that he'd
Euro-spied.

----

Regards,

KGB

-----
Kevin G. Barkes, President <> KGB Consulting, Inc.
Email: kgb () kgb com <> Web: www.kgb.com
1512 Annette Avenue <> Library, Pennsylvania <> 15129-9735
Voice: 412-854-2550 <> Fax: 412-854-4707
DCL Dialogue on line: http://www.kgb.com/dcl.html / ftp.kgb.com
KGB Report http://www.kgb.com/kgbrep.shtml
Random Quotations Generator: http://www.kgb.com/cgi-bin/kgbquote.cgi