Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: flood due this weekend

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:20:05 -0500

of IP stuff that is. I arrived in DC on Wednesday evening and spent
Thursday and Friday at the FCC meeting people, attending meetings and
trying to get my network connection straight.

Seems the FCC's wirewall lets me telnet and ftp out and full non proxie web
access but blocks me in doing pop3 and smtp. That made life difficult in
separately handling my University mail and my FCC mail. So it is this
weekend that I will catch up.

Washington is very nice even in snow. I will be starting a DC Digest
shortly , like my Tokyo digest etc, to bring specific items that deal with
life within the beltway.

Dave