Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: SUPER HYPE -- Transmeta To Reveal New Chip

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:43:26 -0500

This is super hype right now. Just a notice that as soon as I see (or an
IPer) sees any real facts etc I will send it out

Dave

From ZDNET:

TRANSMETA REVEALS SECRET THIS WEEK
Super-secret startup Transmeta will finally unveil the Crusoe microprocessor
this Wednesday in a move that could deliver the first true innovation to the
computer chip in a decade. While the company has been hush-hush about the
project, sources say the Crusoe is an energy-saving mobile processor capable
of emulating Intel's x86 architecture. Crusoe could theoretically run
anything from the Palm OS to Windows CE while sidestepping sticky Intel
patents. But the chip could also further the Linux movement as Linux creator
Linus Torvalds works for Transmeta.

For more info:
  http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2422557,00.html

__