Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: re: Star Ledger articled -- my home twon newspaper

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:23 +0000

----Original Message-----
From:           "John Parmater" <jparmate () columbus rr com>
To:             farber () cis upenn edu
Subject:        Re: IP: Star Ledger articled -- my home twon newspaper
Date:           Monday, January 10, 2000 12:35 PM

Dave. Thanks for the two comments below. It would be nice for you to reveal
more of your own opinions to IP. I realize this may be more difficult in
your new job.

Farber says Y2K was for real, by the way.
"I think if we had not done anything, we would have had the catastrophe of
the century. I wrote some of that code, the old code. A lot of things would
have fallen apart."

He warns that the underprivileged suffer most from Internet censorship at
libraries.
"If you never go because all you see there is pablum," Farber says of the
public library, "you will hurt its ability to bridge the gap."

Best Regards,

John Parmater

jparmate () Columbus rr com

Never underestimate the power of inspiration.