Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Stallman on the UCITA (Uniform Commercial Code in Intellectual Property, but that isn't quite the acronym)

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 01:47:34 -0500

Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 21:41:00 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: David Chessler <chessler () usa net>

The following is Richard Stallman's public letter on the UCITA followed by
excerpted comments from Irv Mullins.  The url for Infoworld in this message
is wrong.
Other urls are:

   http://www.4cite.org/                  [from message]
   http://www.badsoftware.com/            [from message]
   http://www.fsf.org/                    Free Software Foundation
   http://www.opensource.org/             Open Source (OSI)
   http://www.ftc.gov/be/v990010.htm      Federal Trade Commission
   http://www.acm.org/usacm/copyright/usacm-ucc2b-1098.html    ACM
          [Association for Computing Machinery]
   http://www.2bguide.com/docs/cu699.html Consumers Union
   http://www.ala.org/washoff/ucita.html  American Library Association

The last site had the most recent examples.  It what follows note
the permission to copy verbatim this copyrighted statement --
which I is what I do here.