Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: FOR DC AREA IPers -- Announcement of DCISOC Welcome Meeting - NIH, Bethesda

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:41:56 -0500

 From the DC Chapter of ISOC

Dave Farber (an Internet pioneer and former Trustee of the
Internet Society,among many other accomplishments) has
been named Chief Technologist for the Federal Communications
Commission (FCC). Join Vint Cerf, Bob Kahn, Don Heath, and
other Internet notables as the D.C. area chapter of the Internet
Society welcomes Dave (our newest chapter member!) to our
neighborhood - the policy hub of the Internet world.

We are honored not only to have Dave as our guest, but he
has agreed to be the keynote speaker. Dave is knowledgeable,
politically savvy, and articulate.  He knows what technology is
on the horizon (and even about some not on the radar screens yet)
as well as what the issues are that will face us. As FCC
Chairman Kennard said, "Dave is a distinguished, world class
technology expert."

You're in for a treat if you make this meeting. Time is short.
Reserve a place -now- for this sure to be S.R.O. event.
RSVP to tweigler () isoc org

Regards,
Marty Burack
Trustee, Internet Society

     Date: Tuesday, February 15
     Place: National Institutes of Health (NIH); Masur Auditorium; Clinical
Center, Bldg. 10
     Bethesda, MD
     Directions at http://www.dcisoc.org

     Time: