Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Stockholm Diary #1

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:36:54 -0500

I am in Stockholm having visited Ericsson Wireless and the Swedish Post and
Telestyrelsen  (National Post and Telecom Agency). I will report after I
get back on what I learned. I did see and use the 3G wireless system while
riding in a van in Kista  videoconferencing with a person in Ericsson while
listening to  neat MP3 music  (classical stereo).

The weather in Sweden is just like the east coast. Cloudy, cold and icy.
Lots of real good food and too little sleep.

Seems this afternoon Sweden is isolated from most of the world via at least
the public gateway to the world. I am told there is but one gateway system
and that seems offline. Hmm

More latter

Dave