Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Interesting re Encryption Technology Limits Eased

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:01:00 -0400

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:07:15 -0400
To: Lucky Green <shamrock () cypherpunks to>
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Lucky, actually not everyone missed it. It's our top story on Wired News
this morning.

http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/21810.html
 Decoding the Crypto Policy Change
 3:00 a.m. Why did the White House suddenly change its mind on
 regulating encryption? It couldn't be because the NSA has
 changed its spying agenda. Or could it? A Wired News
 perspective by Declan McCullagh.

-Declan