Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: The Circle of Learning

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 17:40:11 -0500

[ TIA -- I am a member of the Board of Directors of the Innovation Factory djf]

From: "Attie, Mike (Innovation Factory)" <mattie () innovationfactory com>

Hello,

In late November, the Philadelphia-based internet incubator Innovation
Factory (www.innovationfactory.com)  will be launching its first site,
Circle of Learning.  In a nutshell, Circle of Learning is a web community
created by a renowned gerontologist for people over 50.  The idea behind
Circle of Learning is to allow individuals to teach others what they know
and share what they've experienced, from the silly to the sublime.  People
can contribute Readings, Lessons, or Courses to our site.  Readings are
usually one to two page documents designed to share knowledge, wisdom, or
even a personal story.  A group of related, instructional readings along
with some images and relevant links becomes a Lesson.  Finally, a series of
Lessons will make a Course.

The attached document has the guidelines for submitting a Reading, Lesson,
or Course.  People who submit content will be credited as the author and can
include a link to their site or anywhere else they wish.  In a few weeks
users will be able to upload their content directly at the site, but in the
meantime we will upload at the Innovation Factory facilities to populate the
site before the hard launch.  There really are few restrictions for course
or reading material; we have content ranging from the story of a Jewish girl
who led a resistance movement during WWII to a man who created a martial art
using his cane.  By contributing, your knowledge and wisdom will be made
available to a worldwide audience, and will be preserved for posterity over
the Internet.

If you want more information, feel free to contact me via email
(mattie () circleoflearning com) or phone (610-617-9315.)  You may also want to
explore the Circle of Learning demo at (www.circleoflearning.com/demo)  We
hope you can contribute.

Thanks,
Mike Attie
Circle of Learning

David Farber
The Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunication Systems
University of Pennsylvania
Home Page: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~farber
Email: farber () cis upenn edu

Home: +1 610 274 8292; Cell and Office: +1 215 327 8756; Fax:  +1 408 490 2720