Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Internet Pioneers/Internet History Site Now Open

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:11:29 -0400

Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 03:24:28 EDT
From: TELECOM Digest Editor <ptownson () telecom-digest org>
Subject: Internet Pioneers/Internet History Site Now Open

I am very pleased to announce that with considerable assistance from
John Levine <johnl () iecc com> the Internet Pioneers and Internet
Historical Society web site is now open.
URL -- http://internet-pioneers.org *or* http://internet-history.org
will deliver you to John's site where qualified persons (i.e. a 'Pioneer'
netizen with at least fifteen year's presence on the net) can post
comments as desired.
ANYONE is free to visit the site and read what others have written.
Although it is pretty bare-bones as of today, Monday, it is my hope
that very soon there will be various links in place, as well as many
commentaries.
Posting is limited to only those persons who meet the criteria to
be a Pioneer (see notes on the opening page there) however links
will be given to any related site which is involved in the preservation
of our early history. Occassionally an exception might be made for a
posting of importance from a person who is not a Pioneer.
Postings are not immediate. The site is moderated in a loose fashion,
and mail is examined to see if it is spam or commercial in nature
before it is released for viewing, hopefully within a few hours.
None of the messages in the 'Internet Pioneers' thread which appeared
here mostly in April are being carried over. The people who posted here
are certainly welcome and encouraged to post there instead, especially
to help get a discussion going.
Please visit http://internet-pioneers.org http://internet-history.org
today, and I hope you will enjoy this new service to the net. Mail
should be addressed to 'pioneers@' (whatever).

PAT