Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Suspension of recommendation of a computer -- the Sony PCG-C1

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:50:32 -0500

I have in past notes recommended the new Sony small machine -- the Picturebook  the PCG-C1 . It is small with a video
camera.

The very very poor performance of it's sound system with  many applications causing severe disruption of the sound
makes it nearly unusable for general applications that require decent sound.

I will remove my suspension when Sony explains the problem and distributes a fix.

This problem seems to occur in several machines so it looks like a breed problem.