Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on Competition to the NSF (laugh (I hope))

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 10:11:11 -0500

From: "Robert Hollebeek" <bobh () NSCP01 PHYSICS upenn edu>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: RE: Competition to the NSF (laugh (I hope))
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:40:35 -0500

Thanks Dave - good to see the State Department is on top of things! I sould
add however that sonoluminesence is at least a real phenomena, and should
not be confused (or be guilty by parenthetical association) with cold
fusion. Due it's very fast and intense pulse, sonoluminescene is actually
quite useful for calibrations of optical systems. p.s. the mechanism is not
well understood, but we won't hold that against the effect.