Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: A New Slant on Privacy

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:02:50 -0500

Personally I think Brin should re-read  1984  djf

From: Michael Snoswell <michaels () fctinternational com>
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>, "Ross N. Williams" <ross () rocksoft com>
Subject: A New Slant on Privacy

There's an interesting article over at ZDNet
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2204157,00.html
where the author David Brin talks about a kind of "open" privacy
in what he calls the "transparent society".

I'm not sure how much of this "transparency" should be applied to data
privacy, especially for business or national defence, but it's a new
slant in the privacy wars and is well worth a read.

I originally saw the article mentioned at SlashDot.

cheers

--
Michael Snoswell                        +61 8 8352 9916
IT Manager                              michaels () fctinternational com