Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: DVD Hackers Hit With Lawsuit

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:47:19 -0500

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:59:14 -0800
From: John Gilmore <gnu () toad com>
Sender: owner-cypherpunks () toad com

EFF is sending two lawyers (and me) to the court in Santa Clara
tomorrow AM to fight the temporary restraining order. We're on the
case, at least for the TRO and preliminary injunction. We're looking
for permanent pro bono counsel to lead the entire case. Bay Area
cypherpunks are invited to attend. Dress like a banker if you can,
come whether you did or not, and let's impress the judge with how many
solid citizens come to watch how s/he handles the case. The notice
below says 8AM, but if you get there before 9:30 my guess is that you
will still catch the hearing. See the details at:

http://www.eff.org/effector/HTML/effect12.04.html