Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: ICANN and what it is

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:55:47 -0400

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:48:15 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: "Lance J. Hoffman" <hoffman () SEAS GWU EDU>
Subject: Re: IP: ICANN and what it is

I could not agree more with Dave.  Who (if anyone?) is handling ICANN's
media relations?  That could be a very big part of the problem.

On the contact information on the ICANN web page, there is no human listed
with a phone number to contact.  This is a big mistake.  If nobody is
handling this, a quick but careful search should be conducted and someone
should be given the responsibilty both to get the message(s) out, and to
correct inaccurate media reports.  This can't be done on the cheap.  It
will cost money that has to be spent.   The cost of not doing it is
complete  lack of credibility caused by muddled messages in the public sphere.

Lance