Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: We shall see .. EOF A bit more of why I sent out the MS message

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:28:42 -0400

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:53:48 -0400
To: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
From: Peter Wayner <pcw () flyzone com>
Subject: Re: IP: A bit more of why I sent out the MS message

and what else can one do with bad scripts to a site uh?

Oh, you could do thousands of things with bad scripts, but I don't
think that this illustrates it. The NYT or the WSJ would not have a
script that would let you write your own headline. If you made one
up, it wouldn't give you any story associated with it and then only
you would see the effect of your own genius. It wouldn't promulgate.

This isn't to minimize the problem of hackers or security, it's just
script holes like this don't seem to come close to the real problems.