Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Is this a deliberate insult from the republican congress

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:19:43 -0400

To how you I do give both sides even those I disagree with djf

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:08:20 -0400
From: "Thomas C. Williams" <twilliams () worldcontact com>
To: farber () cis upenn edu
\

Oh Please!! Spare us!!
Today is a normal business day. How dare the author insinuate another motive by
the U.S. House, and particularly the Republicans. Perhaps the author would like
to entertain the thought that the Democrats intentionally stalled the Judiciary
proceedings to time the release for today! That would be an equally ludicrous
interpretation.

And as far as "the little kiddies" being home... where are their parents!!??
Are not their activities properly monitored and controlled by responsible
parenting!? I, and I'm sure many other IP list subscribers, are getting quite
tired of the whining liberal bilge that has been forwarded through this list
recently. If the integrity of this list as an intelligent forum is to be
maintained, this type of intellectually vacant email needs to be eliminated.
Tell the author to go join an AOL chat forum.

With all due respect to Dave for his almost perfect administration of this
marvelous list, this one crossed the line.

Cordially,
Thomas C. Williams

Dave Farber wrote:

From an IP who is NOT Jewish

"Also, I note this. The live video is being released on a Jewish Holiday (I
can't spell it). It seems to me that the Congress would NEVER have
released such a tape on Christmas day... Also, some school districts here
in the Wash-Maryland-Virginia metro area have Monday off, which means that
the little kiddies are going to be at home, watching, watching..."