Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: More on Unbundling..Unraveling AT&T/TCI Deal?

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:53:18 -0500

From: "Vadasz, Les" <lvadasz () intel com>
To: "'farber () cis upenn edu'" <farber () cis upenn edu>

Dave,

I am sure you know me as a peron who believes in market forces, and someone
who believes in competition. So, you maybe surprised that I am advocating
that the FCC should leave TCI alone and not try to unbundle its service.
Investment ought to flow into the cable infrastructure, based on those that
invest believe that they can reap the benefit of that investment.

Maybe this will encourage alternate transports - like DSL -  to develop and
sieze the business oppportunity created by cable's success. After all, we
must get to the point where we have facilities based competition. This maybe
the best way to get there.

Les