Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: for educational purposes - Battista to leave NSI

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:50:27 -0500

From: edyson () edventure com (Esther Dyson)

This is from the WSJ.

As Interim Chairman etc. I didn't want to break copyright (i.e. terrestrial
law!), so I snipped after the basic point. Sorry about the formatting.

Esther Dyson

November 16, 1998, Wall Street Journal

                   Tel-Save Plans to Name
                   Battista Chairman, CEO

                   By THOMAS E. WEBER
                   Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

  Tel-Save Holdings Inc., the upstart long-distance company known for marketing its phone services online, plans to
name the head of Internet concern Network Solutions Inc. as its new chairman, chief executive and president.

The appointment of Gabriel Battista, Network Solutions' CEO, is intended to expand Tel-Save's electronic-commerce
efforts. Network Solutions is the company that oversees the so-called domain-name address system for the Internet under
an exclusive government contract.

Executives at Tel-Save, New Hope, Pa., confirmed Sunday that Mr. Battista will leave Network Solutions and take over
all operational duties from Daniel Borislow, Tel-Save's chairman and chief executive.

SNIP

David Farber
The Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunication Systems
University of Pennsylvania
Home Page: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~farber