Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: A bit more on Y2K and the past

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:25:41 -0500

I cannot agree more with Bobs comment re focusing on the deisgn!!. CFG (Caine, Farber and Gordon)( http://www.cfg.com)
for years marketed a product called PDL which focused at improving the design part of programming rather than the
coding part on the grounds that that was where the real costs were. It was very successful in very large products where
the lack of tools that allowed people to work with people and customers beccame more obvious and critcial.

Dave