Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: NSI Change of Heart on POKEY.ORG? (nothing like bad PR to

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:31:49 -0500

From: Chuck Gomes <cgomes () internic net>
To: DOMAIN-POLICY () LISTS INTERNIC NET
Subject: Re: NSI Change of Heart on POKEY.ORG?

In the case of POKEY.ORG, the domain name Registrant has decided to
register a new and different domain name.  Accordingly, the Registrant
will be able to use both POKEY.ORG and the new name simultaneously for
90 days.  At the end of the 90 days, Network Solutions may place the
POKEY.ORG domain name on "Hold" pending resolution of the dispute.

Chuck Gomes
Network Solutions

Adam Todd wrote:

To Network Solutions Inc, and the InterNIC,

I write rqeuesting a written statement from InterNIC/NSI in regards to
POKEY.ORG and the process by which NSI has actioned the current outcome.

At the time of writing, POKEY.ORG is still visible in the DNS and is NOT
"ON HOLD".  I've also been informed that a "change of heart" has taken
place due to overwhelming public comment.

Could NSI please release a statement to qualify the report and the nature
to which it maed it's decision.

Thank you,