Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Calling Msggroupers...

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 05:32:15 -0400

From: Julian Kilker <jak8 () cornell edu>
To: "Dave Farber (E-mail)" <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Calling Msggroupers...
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:04:45 -0400

Dear former Msggroupers,

I'm a doctoral student at Cornell University in New York State, researching
the "crossroads" of communication, technology, and design.

Part of my dissertation research is an exploration of the successes and
failures (?) of Message Group, the ARPANET mailing list about messaging
systems from the mid-70s to the mid-80s. I'm particularly interested in the
people who participated in or observed Message Group for a few months or
more, and who developed a feeling for the various perspectives towards
messaging technology present in the group, and for the group's
interactions.

I'd really like to hear any stories you may have about your involvement
with Message Group. If you'd like to participate in this research project,
and share your knowledge and experiences, please e-mail me at jak8@cornell.

Thanks for your time!

-- Julian