Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Cosmologist will give a lecture at the White House [wonder if

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:46:42 -0500

CAMBRIDGE, England (AP)   Cosmologist Stephen Hawking will give a lecture
at the White House on March 6.

The topic, Cambridge University said Friday, will be "science in the next
millennium."

"Most visions of the future show a society with very advanced science and
technology, but in an unchanging state. I question this picture," Hawking
said. "I think it is more likely that biological and electronic complexity
will increase at an ever more rapid rate."

See you at INET'98, Geneva 21-24, July 98   <http://www.isoc.org/inet98/>