Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: More on Say No to Cell Phone and Packet Mode Communications Tracking

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:13:41 -0500

From: "Jonathan Goldstein" <Jonathan_Goldstein () notes interliant com>

Professor,

I'm a subscriber to IP.  Here's a response I received from someone at the
FCC when I complained about several of the provisions in the Communications
Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), specifically, the FBI's
proposal
that it be allowed to have access to packet mode communications and to use
cellular phones as location tracking devices..
Jonathan Goldstein
President
Urban Technology Group
jonathan () pobox com

---------------------- Forwarded by Jonathan Goldstein/Customer/Interliant

Danny Rittenberry <DRITTENB () fcc gov> on 12/15/98 04:45:36 PM

Please respond to jonathan () pobox com