Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Word has the answer (humor)

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:48:23 -0700

Old but good and it works

From: Wulf Losee <wulf () CERF NET>
Subject:      Word has the answer (humor)
To: CYBERIA-L () LISTSERV AOL COM

Fellow Cypberians:
It looks like a disgruntled Microsoft employee has sabotaged Word 97 (I
don't know about previous versions of Word).

A friend sent me the following instructions:

Open up Microsoft Word and type:

I'd like to see Bill Gates dead

Highlight the sentence.

Then go into >> Tools >> Language >> Thesaurus.

(Do you think there might be some disgruntled Microsoft employees out
there?)

Disclaimer: I don't want to see Bill Gates dead. And I wish him a long
life and good health. Although I hope he loses the anti-trust suit big
time.

best regards,
--Wulf

"I speak the password primeval .... I give the sign of democracy ...."
           --Walt Whitman
Mike Godwin can be reached by phone at 212-317-6552.
His book, CYBER RIGHTS, can be ordered at
        http://www.panix.com/~mnemonic .