Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: another from Telecom Digest -- $20 for an 800 call

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:18:39 -0400

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Subject: $20 Bill For 800Nnumber Phone Call
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:29:42 -0700

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This was forwarded to the Digest by
Mr. Dillon. It is an old, old story told here many times in the
past. I cannot imagine any regular Digest reader who has not heard
about this. I've also published the phone numbers to be called at
each telco to ask for a permanent block against these charges; it
is known as 'Billed Number Screening'. Go through the back issues
in the archives if you want to see that list again.   PAT]