Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Pedion -- the new Mitsubishi{/HP?} sub-notebook

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:08:24 -0400

from a Japanese IPer

Re: Mitsubishi sub-notebook

Oh you are referring their new model "Pedion".
Yes, it's really a new, aggressive design.
I checked their web page and found that only Japanese information
is available at the moment.   The URL is

   http://www.melco.co.jp/service/pedion/htm/pedi_01.htm (for photo)
and
   http://www.melco.co.jp/service/pedion/htm/pedi_02.htm (for specs).

Unfortunately they are in Japanese, but maybe you can feel what
it is.

Also I phoned their costomer desk and found out:

  Price:  200MHz Pentium model   576 K yen (aggressive pricing!)
          233MHz Pentium model   64.8K yen
          I/O Base unit (CD-ROM, FDD, etc)   50K yen.

They say the model is really new so you can only see it at
their Gotanda show room, Tokyo.