Interesting People mailing list archives

The "Dangerous" Public Library [see my comment at the

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 09:45:30 -0400

While I strongly disagree with most that Jean advocates, I do want to
present all responsible sides to major issues. I believe that the defense
of the Bill of Rights in the electronic age is a critcal issue for the
nation and it must come to grips with all the issues involved.

To quote Beatrice Hall paraphasing Voltaire:

say it."

I wish others would defned to the death my right to look at what I want to
look at not just what my community thinks I should read and think.

Dave

ps and please child pornography is ILLEGAL and does not need more laws or
better filters -- just more and better enforcement.

Dave