Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: a note on notes from international data protection meeting

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 19:33:51 -0500

Pay specific attention to the Chinese portion toward the end. I think it
translates as we will take everything and give you only what we think you
should know.

That seems to me to not only not be in the spirit of the net but highly
contraproductive for the outside world. Am I missing something .

Dave

note, I have not talked about the resrictions that will be imposed onw hat
internal chinese see. While I may grieve  for them, I am just more
interested in the impact on our nation and future